I’ve been getting lots of advice lately about ‘target demographics’ and selling my coaching services to a ‘niche market.’
The advice makes sense:
– Go deep, rather than cast your net wide.
– Become the ‘go to’ person for that group.
– Your expertise in one market creates a springboard to the next market. For example, become known for selling windows, then, when you have a large pool of satisfied customers, and only then, add doors, then fences, then, (muah ha ha), The World!!! Move over, Amazon!
This all makes great sense. The only problem is, it’s just not me.
My soul rebels against being the “Compost Lady,” or the “Coach for Dancers,” or the “Knitting Lady,” or the “Writing Coach,” or the “Entrepreneur Coach,” although I could honestly claim any of those titles.
It’s just not what I’m about.
More accurately, my work is internal, and my niche is internal, invisible to the eye, underneath all the external details about career choices, lifestyles, and other demographic details.
My niche is helping and supporting the woman who has come to a transition in her life. She may have a clear idea of what she wants next, or she may simply have a dissatisfaction with the way things are.
Whether she is a sheep farmer or a corporate CEO, she is committed to creating positive change in her life, and she understands that she deserves all the support she needs in order to make that transition be as gloriously successful as it possibly can be.
That is my niche!
I love that a Hollywood housewife, NY newswoman, Minnesota mom, Savannah secretary, and Boynton businesswoman can all compare notes and find the commonality in what they doing on the inside:
– Breaking down barriers to their dreams.
– Releasing old blocks and habits that no longer serve them.
– Speaking up for themselves at home or at work in new, more effective ways.
– Showing up for themselves with pride, confidence and clarity.
– Finding a new, self-loving path as a way to be stronger, clearer, and happier.
If you are one of those wonderful, courageous women, and your soul is calling you to embark on a new path of self-love to a happier, more fulfilled YOU, two new groups are forming that will start in September.